SensoPart has expanded its range of vision sensors with the VISOR® Solar in order to combat rising cost pressure in the production of solar cells. The compact sensor detects the position and any damage to wafers and cells. It allows robots to pick up and lay down wafers accurately. Wafers and solar cells with fine breakouts can be directly rejected during this step, before they can completely break up and damage other material.
- Automatic detection of wafer and cell geometry
- Suitable for frontlit and backlit applications
- Simple sensor optimisation regarding evaluation speed and
test precision (sub-pixel process)
- Detection of holes/cracks and breakouts
- Distortion correction
- Examination and position detection of busbars